Sunday, February 25, 2007

16. Everybody Knows (except you)- The Divine Comedy

There are few love songs on this list, mainly because I haven’t had many relationships where love has been reciprocated. This song sums up some of the torture of unrequited love, especially when it seems so obvious to you and everyone else. The important thing is never to play this song in the same room as the person you are obsessed with. Yes I did, yes it was a bad idea, and thankfully he didn’t pick up on what seemed so painfully ironic and obvious to me, he just appreciated me introducing him to a new band. Sigh.

2 comments:

OddBabble said...

Oh Peach! Remind me to give you a cuddle in honour of this heartbreaking story next time I see you. Then you have to play me this song. I already know you're obsessed with me so it won't be embarrasing this time.

Little Mo said...

Why am I on this blog reading about your 31 songs? I don't know - maybe I am obsessed with you. Anyway, Steffy's comment just made me laugh out loud for a long time.