Sunday, February 25, 2007

23. Closer to fine- Indigo Girls

Once upon a time I was at a Christian conference and I heard someone play this song, (go figure..) I loved it, couldn’t get it out of my head and wanted to know where it came from. Then I forgot the title and all I could remember was something about mountains and fountains and the Indigo Girls. I checked their space in the racks of record shops but could never really find the song again. Fast forward about 7 years and I’ve just met a friend of a friends who is really into the Indigo Girls, she made a cd for me (barely knowing me which delighted me immensely) and the song about the mountains and fountains was found again. (please note, it’s not about mountains and fountains, it’s just an easy line to remember). I love things like that happening, discovering music in random ways and love the Indigo Girls, who sum it all up with, “darkness has a hunger that’s insatiable and lightness has a call that’s hard to hear.”

No comments: