Sunday, February 25, 2007

25. Gratified - Coastal Dune

One of the things I love most is delighting in the details of life. This song is a list of all such fine details. This is the song that most reminds me of Uni, delighting in the fun, the randomness of student life, pizzas, lazy days of not going to lectures, enjoying just drinking tea for three years.

See:
"A cup of tea, and a bath
A little boy’s infectious laugh
Rekindling friendships that have lapsed
A difficult concept now I’ve grasped
A cat that’s purring up at me
A baby smiling up at me
After war- there’s peace, I write a poem that brings release.

When your football teams at the top of the league
A teachers handwriting you can read
When the doctor says there’s nothing wrong
When I’m singing out this song
An aired jumper that’s soft and warm
When you’re tucked up in bed and you can hear the storm
Tomorrow better than today- A God that loves you anyway.

Using all seven letters in a scrabble game
Someone important who knows your name
An encouraging word that someone’s said
When you’re really tired and it’s time for bed.
When you’re in the shower, when you’ve been for a run
Direction and purpose in the days to come
The very essence of being gratified
Is when you heart, soul and body are satisfied."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are SO right - love this song. Last time I heard it played? At a launch night for the band's CD in Nottingham... We sang along and joined in the La la las. Brilliant.